The second however is more surprising; the degree of complexity in one’s daily behavior.
“We live in a world that will never be young again.”
The Greeks also appreciated the richness of touch, using hand woven fabrics from linen to wool, and created beauty and good taste in their homes. She thinks the Greeks triggered flow experiences from them and over time began to love beauty and beautiful things.
Why older adults experience polypharmacy?
- More drugs available to prescribe than in the past
- Drugs that were once only by prescription are now easy to get OTC
- Increased use of herbal therapies
- Elderly patients with more than one health condition (co-morbidities)
are likely to receive care from several healthcare providers each prescribing different meds
- Patients may purchase medications from more than one pharmacy
A recent survey by AARP, reported in the Wall Street Journal, found nearly 9 in 10 respondents said they don’t want to move, and prefer aging in place.